Protecting Your Driver's License

If you are convicted of drunk driving in California, the Department of Motor Vehicles will suspend your license. You can also get our license suspended for refusing to take a test to determine intoxication while driving — or for failing such a test.

But what do you do to protect your license? How do you get it back, if it gets suspended?

At the Law Offices of Derek Wisehart, in Visalia, we can help you protect your driving privileges — or regain your license if it has been revoked or suspended. Call our office at 559-429-5630 or 800-742-6392 to learn more about how to respond to your particular challenges.

What Can You Do to Protect Your License — Or Get It Back?

If you are arrested for DUI in California, the police will notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of this and provide a report. There will be an administrative review of your case at the DMV. But if that goes against you, you will have only 10 days after receiving a license suspension or revocation order to request a hearing to contest the order.

Our firm can guide you in taking the steps you need to assert your rights and fight to keep your driving privileges. We can assist you not only in the administrative process within the DMV, but in a criminal DUI case as well.

Even if your license is suspended or revoked, we can work with you to get it back as soon as is legally possible. It may be possible, for example, to obtain a hardship license so that you can still drive to work or school while your license is under suspension. We can also advise you on the role that an ignition interlock device on your vehicle may play in your case.

Call Our Proven Defense Attorney for the Counsel You Need

In short, we can assist you with both DMV licensing hearings and in making an aggressive criminal defense against DUI charges. If you are facing license suspension, we can seek to challenge the suspension, as well as contest the criminal charges. Similarly, if you need to get your license back — or at least get a temporary, restricted license — we know how to move that process forward.

Call our firm today to schedule a free initial consultation with experienced defense lawyer Derek Wisehart. Or, if you prefer, fill out our online form.